You know sleep is important. The concept of getting a good night’s sleep has been ingrained into me for as long as I remember and the purpose of that good night sleep as far as I could tell for a long time was simply to not be tired. Whilst obviously still a big part of the process, by sleeping not to be tired you’re underutilising one of the easiest tools in your arsenal to be healthier. Being proactive about your health is one of the core concepts we promote at Inverurie Chiropractic clinic, the same forward thought about your night-time routine is as intrinsic as your daytime one to get you to as healthy as you want to be.
Hello everyone we have very exciting news. We are opening a new clinic in Crimond medical center from 2nd of November. Our principal chiropractor Dr Reece is taking new patients from Tuesday 2nd of November and will be working on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. Please give us call on 01467 620 707 or email us on Inveruriecc@gmail.com to reserve your appointment. We look forward to seeing you in our Crimond Practice.
There are many benefits to drinking water; more than just to relinquish our thirst and defeat dehydration. Water keeps every system in the body functioning properly. The Harvard Medical School Report that water has many important jobs, such as:
- carrying nutrients and oxygen to your cells
- flushing bacteria from your bladder
- aiding digestion
- preventing constipation
- normalising blood pressure
- stabilising the heartbeat
- cushioning joints
- protecting organs and tissues
- regulating body temperature
- maintaining electrolyte (sodium) balance.
Can you really walk your way to fitness? Absolutely! Get started today.
Know the benefits. Physical activity doesn’t need to be complicated. Something as simple as a daily brisk walk can help you live a healthier life.
For example, regular brisk walking can help you:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes The faster, farther and more frequently you walk, the greater the benefits.
Belly Breathing is a type of breathing exercise that helps strengthen your diaphragm, an important muscle that helps you breathe. This breathing exercise is also sometimes called diaphragmatic breathing, belly breathing or abdominal breathing.
Here are some benefits this type of breathing can have:
- It lowers your heart rate
- It helps lower your blood pressure
- It improves your core muscle stability.
- It improves your body’s ability to tolerate intense exercise.Relaxes muscle spasm and relieves tension
- It helps you relax, lowering the harmful effects of the stress hormone cortisol on your body.
Information regarding our clinic
Under Stay at Home/Temporary Lockdown restrictions which will come into effect in Scotland from 5th January 2021, chiropractors are allowed to stay open and continue to practice.
As per Scotland’s COVID Strategic Framework document, Chiropractic is deemed to be an essential healthcare service. As such, there will be no restrictions imposed on Chiropractic clinics requiring them to close. Patients can travel from all areas under travel for essential healthcare
Every effort continues to be made in accordance with hygiene guidance and infection control to the highest level in practice, this includes appropriate cleaning and social distancing practices, with appropriate PPE worn at all times.
We advise our patients that if they are experiencing ANY symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be accepted in the practice and their appointment will be rescheduled.
Here at Inverurie Chiropractic Clinic we are committed to everyone’s safety. During the COVID-19 pandemic that responsibility is of great importance. If you are attending an appointment with us during COVID-19 there are some things you can do to prepare.
- Please arrive a maximum of 5 mins before your appointment
- Please wash your hands when arriving and/or use the hand sanitiser provided
- We have masks available for everyone but please bring your own if possible. We have appropriate PPE for all staff and clean all rooms including reception and the bathroom
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing
- Please either wait in your car or take a seat in reception and someone will collect you
- We are spacing out appointment times to allow for thorough cleaning of the rooms We now have x-ray facilities. We have our new bench which is specifically designed to treat sciatica.
We do ask, if you are still shielding or if you feel unwell – to not attend the clinic and instead call us and reschedule and follow the advice below:
It’s very busy at @NHS24 & the 111 phone line. The option is to use nhsinform.scot as your first source of info. If symptoms are mild you do not need to call and it means those lines are kept for those with severe symptoms who need attention most urgently. For those with mild symptoms of a new cough and high temperature you need to stay home for 7 days and get well. Fluids, rest, isolation and paracetamol – that’s the advice given by NHS Scotland